Steve Siekkinen is a musician/singer-songwriter/educator, who performs solo or with others, mainly on acoustic or electric guitar. He is a graduate of Hollywood’s Musicians Institute and a 2014 Mid-Atlantic Song Contest Finalist (3rd place tie for song “Foreplay In LA” from 2014 release, “Essays”). Steve’s talent is wide and interests diverse, which allow him to provide a range of performance options as well as providing lessons to a wide variety of students. He often enlists the services of many incredibly talented friends to help bring musical and poetic visions to life. questionsinletters is the moniker of his original project.
Steve was born and raised in northern MN (in Bob Dylan’s hometown). With an early and insatiable passion for music, Steve began playing and studying the guitar at age 10. In his mid-teens, he began teaching music to others. After high school, he tested out early from Musician’s Institute (GIT) in Hollywood, CA. Moving to Minneapolis, MN, he was the youngest guitar teacher hired at the time by a well-known music chain and the only to teach from multiple locations. He also played with a number of local bands before spearheading the questionsinletters’ project. Through this project, Steve has two self-released albums, - – intentionally left blank – – and _ _ESSAYS_ _.
Over time, Steve’s personal tastes have expanded and grown considerably. His knowledge and admiration of various styles shine brightly in his own unique songs and performance repertoire.
Mid-Atlantic Song Contest Finalist 2014
- 3rd place for song “Foreplay In LA” from 2014 release, “Essays”
“Essays” (Album, self released) with questionsinletters 2014
- Written and produced, assist in mixing and engineering
- Voice, electric & acoustic guitar, prepared guitar, ebow, percussion, ukulele, theremin
Studio session for songs “From Me to You” and “Brit’s Song” by Ella Reid 2013
- Rhythm & lead guitar
Studio session for Theme Song “I Get up” for children’s book/e-book Stanley the Stinky Frog 2012
- Electric & acoustic guitar, ukulele, voice, percussion
“Intentionally Left Blank” (Album, self released) with questionsinletters 2004
- Written and co-produced, assist in mixing and engineering
- Voice, electric & acoustic guitar, percussion, theremin
“Oxygen Cocktail” (Album) with Oxygen Cocktail 1997
- Written and co-produced, assist in mixing and engineerin
- Voice, acoustic & electric guitar, percussion
“…Debut Release” (EP 6 song cassette, self released) with Korova Milk 1994
- Co-written and co-produced, assist in mixing and engineering
- Electric & acoustic guitar, voice
Top 10 finalist in 6th Annual Twin Cities’ Best Electric Guitar Player Contest 1990